Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sahara

I did watch Sahara yesterday and it was just what I expected. A fun buddy romp with McConahey (sp) being himself and Steve Zahn being himself. They kept many of the bits from the book, while loosing its central core. Cussler's characters are scientists for the most part and scientific exploration is always central to the stories. In the movie, they are treasure hunters out for the big score.

I find this typical of hollywood. It is so common now that I am surprised that I even notice it. The nihlism exhibited by those in Hollywood, has become the central driving force in their product.

"Sigh"

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephalupogus said...

Just out of curiousity, but where did the annoying habit of adding "sigh" in to all commentaries come from? Admittedly apt, and a dramatic improvement over annoying cutesy emoticons, I am puzzled and bewildered.

That and I feel like tweaking you a bit.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Mental Meanderings said...

The use of the sigh is not annoying, it is an accurate depiction of my feelings on the subject.

So there.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home