Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Departed

I saw the movie the Departed today. It was nice to turn off my brain and just watch the movie. And it was a movie worth watching. Not a great film but good. I suspect that if I was not a HUGE fan of both Tony Leung and Andy Lau, who starred in the Hong Kong original that is a better film, I would have enjoyed it more. It was some what unfair of Scorcese to put Leonardo Decaprio in the position of trying to match Tony Leung at his best. IMHO Tony Leung is one of the best actors in the world period and Decaprio was OK but it was an unfair standard for him to meet. Matt Damon did a little better but in the original Leung's perfomance is really the center piece of the film but in Scorcese's remake, he handed the central role off to Jack Nicholson who so often is becoming a charicature of himself.

Watching this movie is certainly a good idea. Watching Infernal Affairs is an even better idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home