Thursday, August 03, 2006

Will Power

I have not posted anything lately, in part because I have been rather busy and in part because many of the main events (the war in Lebanon for example) in the world are ones about which I am torn and do not have a single opinion to express.

I did however, read an interesting article that I thought I would mention to you all. Cordelia Fine, a research fellow at the Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics at the University of Melbourne, wrote that success in education is a result more of will power and self discipline than intelligence. An interesting view point. She goes on to suggest that this self-discipline is a finite quality and should only be used sparingly and when necessary. If used for lesser accomplishments, it may not be available when really needed. This may just answer a large number of questions about me, or at least provide me with a built in ready excuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home