Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The travails of house buying

I was supposed to close on my first house yesterday. This was to have been a great day for me. I was very excited. Unfortunately it all went to shit big time.

The builder of the house had put off finishing it to the very last minute. Yesterday morning at 9:30 there was no power running to the bedrooms because they had not installed the circuits yet for an example. We were supposed to close at 3:00.

The delay had forced the home inspector to wait to the last minute to do his thing. He discovered a serious problem. In the six weeks since I signed a contract on the house, the thing started to fall apart.






So in the end, I did not buy the house. Brand new houses are not supposed to be breaking in half. Just my opinion.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer! Sorry it didn't work out.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh no!! The picture of the outside looked really nice. What a drag. Is there anything else on the market that isn't broken? :-)

10:16 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

Ouch. Sorry to hear this. But better you find out now than in a year when a wall collapses. good luck in the hunt!

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

doesn't look so bad to me, kind of artistic the way it is patched up.

-d

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home