Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Moving

As I sort and pack in preparation for my move to Mississippi, I must say that I am becoming less and less attached to much of my stuff. I figured that I would reduce the volume of possessions somewhat, but as I start to pack, the standards for discard have become broader and broader. Of course, I have to pay the movers by weight so the less stuff I haved the cheaper the move but still, stuff that I would have never considered discarding six months ago have long since either gone to Goodwill or the dumpster.

It has been a somewhat liberating process.

6 Comments:

Blogger exMI said...

Ebay my man, ebay. Pay for the move.....

7:31 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

You mean I have to move to eliminate my packratty behaviors?

6:14 PM  
Blogger Mental Meanderings said...

No, you don't, I did. It has been very liberating in a troubling sort of way.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Stephalupogus said...

The problem lies in that you will add to the amount of stuff you own once you settle in to the new place.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Mental Meanderings said...

But it will be new stuff and therefore cool.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

We have been wandering around the house THINKING about sorting our goods for a move. So far it has been more depressing than liberating. (I do still have a seven foot by thirteen foot bookcase filled with old theatre books, books on communication theory, and play anthologies that are destined for departure, but I have to list them so I can write them off (sigh)

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home