Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Darfur

I admit that I have not regularly followed the situation in Darfur and so I guess I am as complicit as everyone else in what is going on there. That said, Nicholas Kristoff has a review of two books on Darfur in The New York Review of Books. The books are

Darfur: A Short History of a Long War
by Julie Flint and Alex de Waal
London: Zed Books, 176 pp., £12.00 (to be published in the US in March)

Darfur: The Ambiguous Genocide
by Gérard Prunier
Cornell University Press, 212 pp., $24.00

Read the review. Having read it, I am not sure that I am up for the books anytime soon. They might be a little too depressing. But then again, that is why I should read them. Perhaps if enough people become outraged then someone might do something.

Thanks to Glen Reynolds at Instapundit for pointing the review out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

Like you, I am not sure I am up for it, just reading the News magazines and the Christian Science Monitor about Darfur is enough to give one foul dreams.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home